Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Concerns.....

Last Tuesday, August 7th, Catherine was 6 months old. Can you believe it? People always told us time would fly by once we had children, and now I truly understand what they meant. So, it was time to go to the pediatrician for another well check-up for shots etc.... In the days leading up to the visit, I noticed Catherine holding her ears. I thought for sure she was getting an ear infection. She will hold them while I am feeding her. On her 6 month birthday we went to the doctor. Dr. Westbrook is so much fun! I look forward to going to the visits much more so than Catherine! As she checked her she requested another doctor in the group to come listed to Catherine's heart. They found a heart murmur. We have an appointment at Children's Hospital with a Pediatric Cardiologist for him to run some tests on the 23rd of this month. Me being the typical "high spirited" personality that I am, I remained calm. Yes, I was just as surprised as you are. I didn't really get too upset until I spoke with the cardiology clinic to get directions to Children's Hospital. The pediatrician reassured me that 95% of the patients she sends grow out of the condition or just need medication and monitoring. More than likely it is nothing to worry about, but it is still a concern right now for us. Please pray for her little heart!

Oh, and no she doesn't have an ear infection. They are just another body part she has discovered and are therefore a toy during feedings! It is quiet funny to watch her open her mouth while holding her ears!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe how old little Catherine is getting! Time is flying by!!! I'm sure she will grow out of the heart murmur. Mom and Chris both have them...and haven't had any problems. Just make them take medicine before they go to the dentist...guess you have a little time to think about that! LOL!!!

The Proctors said...

We will definitely keep Catherine in our prayers and pray that it is nothing serious and something she will grow out of. Catherine is so precious! Time definitely flies by that first year!

The Nelson Family said...

Dr. Westbrook is totally right. But we will be praying that all is well with your sweet girl! Keep us posted!

Young Fam said...

I'm sure Catherine will be just fine and everything will work out wonderfully! She is just precious. I'm ready to see that little toot again! Let's do lunch...