Thursday, April 26, 2007

Zipper troubles, or whatever!

It has now been 11 weeks since Catherine was born. Yet, still nothing in my closet fits unless it is maternity or has an elastic waistband! This is one of the most frustrating parts of post delivery! So, I decided to go to the mall and see if I could fit into anything there as opposed to in my closet. I was in Ann Taylor, which I love, trying on a dress. The dress fit! However, I didn't really care for it once I got it on? As I was getting it off the zipper got stuck over the seam. Girls you can relate to this, zippers don't like to go over seams very well whether the dress fits or not. Then the handle on the zipper came off!!!! I said out loud in the dressing room, "Oh my God!" The lady next to me goes, "Are you ok in there"? I was now stuck in the dress! My dressing room neighbor went and got a sale associate for me since I was pretty much topless in the dress that was stuck on me! The sales lady couldn't get it off so she went to get a pair of PLIERS! That still didn't do the trick! Ok, so at this point I have Catherine with me in the dressing room, who is crying because she's tired, and a dress that won't come off that I don't like! The sweet sales girl says, "do you think you could pull it off over your head"? That would have been a fabulous solution had I not grown watermelons for breasts 3 months ago! The manager then comes in, who is always a barrel of smiles anyway, and she couldn't get it off with the pliers either! What else was there to do but cut it off of me! You got it, they tried for about 20 minutes and finally decided to get the scissors and cut the dress off of me! It seems as though I am still don't need to go shopping, much less try anything on for a while!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Claire, that is hilarious..even though I’m sure you were not laughing at the time! What a predicament to be stuck in a dress that you don’t even want to buy…shopping is supposed to be enjoyable! That will be a funny story to tell Miss Catherine when she’s older.

Stephanie said...

Claire you seriously have the best stories...

Melissa said...

This cracks me up, b/c I can totally hear your voice telling this story! You didn't have to pay for it did you??? Bless your heart!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the funniest things happen to you. Ok, well they are funny to the rest of us :)

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me sorry! Sara

Jill said...

I need to apologize for just laughing out loud...sounds like an episode of "I love Lucy!" Too bad the dress didn't work out, but it made for a great story!

The Proctors said...

Claire...you are hilarious!! I was literally cracking up! But...I do feel bad for you having to go through all of that. I can't even imagine.