Sunday, April 1, 2007

Religion and Politics?

Well, it has always been said never to mention 2 subjects when you are in a sales position, Religion and Politics. I make it a point to never discuss Politics with clients unless I agree with their stance. I just can't bring myself to stay away from my faith, not necessarily my religion as a general practice though. There aren't many people, especially my age, who enjoy politics as much as I do! I would love to run for public office of some sort some day! In our house we make a practice to not discuss much about politics! When Johnny and I got married my mother said, "Well, Johnny has one flaw. He's a Republican." Needless to say, I come from a very politically minded, Democratic family. My father was chairman of the Democratic Party when I was growing up and held local offices. I in fact spoke at the state convention when I was 3 years old. My father had taught me to say a phrase, of which only one party would find funny that I won't share. However, I did shared the phrase at the convention in front of thousands of people. I am so excited about the current Presidential campaign! I hate that Arkansas' primary election isn't sooner in order for us to be one of the first to make an impact on the campaigns. Surprisingly, I haven't decided which candidate I favor just yet? In the view of furthering feminism, I would love to see a woman president. But, I'm just not too sure Hillary is the best woman to be the first? I seem to align more with what Obama says and stands for, for the most part. However, I really like Edwards! He seems like such an honest, humble man. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not one of these who is completely to the left. I also don't like all the advertising on TV during the campaign season. But, the biggest inconvenience for me during the political season is the signs in peoples yards. As a Realtor, the signs get confusing as to what's for sale and what's not sometimes! I do hope that you all, despite your political preference, will go to the poles this year and exercise your privilege to vote, and get excited about being an American!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You would make an excellent candidate for public office one day! You are right that not enough people exercise their right to vote…they like to say what’s wrong with the current person in office, but won’t do anything about helping to change them! I think some people make an uninformed decision about who to vote for b/c they only watch all the negative ads on TV. This year it is more important than ever to do our research and become educated on the best man or woman for the job!