Sunday, March 18, 2007

Picture Perfect!

Today we went and had Catherine's first photo shoot with the photographer! I have never been the sentimental type, but there are certain traditions one must pass along. Her picture was made in a dress that my grandmother made by hand that my mother's picture was made in at 6 weeks. My picture was then made in it at 6 weeks, and now Catherine's was made in it! Then there was the dress that my mother made that she wore in some more pictures. Finally, my favorites were the naked pictures! There is just something about a naked baby that is just precious! I wanted to make sure we captured all of her little rolls, since she is finally starting to get really juicy! My biggest fear was her pooping on us during the pictures. I never knew my thoughts would center so much around bowl movements! Miss Catherine likes to poop anytime you take her diaper OFF, but not when she has it ON. I can't count the number of times we have now had to dump out the bath water due to her pooping. Of course, there was also the morning of projectile poop that went to the other wall in the nursery while she was on the changing pad! As luck would have it, she refrained from pooping during the pictures. Back to the nakedness, she really doesn't like to be naked. We first learned of this at the doctor's office when they weighed her. The nurse turned to Johnny and said, "Dad she doensn't like to get naked, and you'll be glad of that when she's older." Needless to say, she didn't cry at all until she got naked. Hopefully, there will still be some good shots. I know what you're thinking, where are the pictures? We won't get the proofs for another 2 weeks, and I am sure to share them then don't worry!

3 comments:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like you have been well initiated into motherhood already with all those poopies!

Stephanie said...

The projectile poop has to be a funny story!! Can't wait to see the pics.

The Nelson Family said...

She is just darling! Can't wait to see all those pictures. That is so special about your keepsake dresses!