Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Crazy Bird!

As a real estate agent I encounter many interesting people and things! For example, once I was showing property and walked in on the seller's smoking pot in their home! Needless to say the buyers and I left very quickly and didn't stay to look around much. I get asked quite frequently if I am going to continue working now that we have Catherine. The answer to that is definately Yes! I love my job and love my clients! It is rare to find something you enjoy so much that is so flexible. There are many days that I just work from home in front of the computer. I have a scanner/copier/fax/printer that my husband just got for us, so I won't have to go to the office for much of anything. The only time I will need someone to keep Catherine is when I need to meet with clients. We are fortunate enough to have someone to keep her on an as needed basis. When Catherine was 2 weeks old I listed a house while Johnny stayed with her. This listing appointment was very unique. The seller's own a bird that talks. It is a makah bird and is extremely vocal! I rang the doorbell and I could hear the bird saying "yoohoo" repeatedly. When I walked in the bird said, "oh, who invited you"? repeatedly. This bird was hysterical! As I stayed at the house going over paperwork etc... the bird became more comfortable and therefore talked more! The bird only repeats what it hears from the owners, no one else. It makes a fart noise and then says, "Ok, who farted"? in a very disqusted tone and of course does this repeatedly! The bird also says, "I don't want you, I'm gonna take you back, I don't want a bird that bites." Evidently, the bird use to bite and that is what was said to her. At which point I posed the question of does the bird curse? The owners assured me the bird didn't have a foul mouth and there was no need to worry about that for showings. Then on cue the bird cussed! It was so funny. I have never laughed so much on an appointment in my life! The feedback from every agent that has shown it is nothing but laughter due to the talking bird.

3 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

That is hilarious! I have always wanted to meet a talking bird. My dad has a parrot that he's trying to train to say "Turn off the lights," but to no avail.

So glad you guys have a blog. Can't wait to see all your beautiful photos and hear your stories.

Stephanie said...

You have the funniest stories!! I would not have been able to get any work done for laughing at the bird.

The Proctors said...

That is so funny!!! I think talking birds are so neat!