Sunday, September 16, 2007

Progress!


Here it is, our new house! They have framed the first floor. Hopefully, this week they will get the second floor and the roof put on. It is not suppose to rain, so there shouldn't be any delays. There are very few times you pray for it to not rain, but when building a house you do. Johnny and I are standing in our new living room. It was so much fun going over and seeing walls and placing furniture! Things are moving along very quick! March will be here before we know it! On the other hand, AT&T is still 6 feet under in our current front yard! Yes, that's right folks! I've told them they can't miss me until they're gone, but that didn't seem to work. They have been here for 5 weeks now. Frankly I could work for the phone company by now. All you have to know is how to dig a hole, how to scratch in certain places, and how to eat lunch on the curb of a street. I can do that without any training. It's almost like working for the government! Does anyone know how much they pay? Where do you get an application? I've made my yard entirely too comfortable for them. I think I brought them one too many bottles of Gatorade. Supposedly, they are going to be done this week. However, we are on AT&T's time table. That means they'll be done next week. As soon as they fill in the hole and give us new grass, then we are putting the house on the market! Lots of changes, therefore lots of prayer!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats on the progress! The house plans are beautiful and I can't wait to see more! Those cable guys will be gone before you know it, but they will remember your kindness!

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire! I am so happy that ya'll are building a new home!!! I'm always so excited for anyone when they get a new home. It is truly a blessing....

Enjoy every minute of the building process and by all means...scrapbook it! It will be a great memory maker for sure. Again, congratulations!!!! I am really happy for you!!!!! Deborah Lindley (Mel's momma)

Jennifer Jackson said...

I understand the frustrations and the fun parts of building a new house. It looks like you guys are in the fun part right now. As far as AT&T, it is only a matter of time before they will be gone and you will have forgotten all time that was wasted. You will be caught up in selling your home!

The Nelson Family said...

Wow! It's starting to look like a house! How exciting!

Melissa said...

How exciting. Just think of all the decorating you get to do! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Well oh my goodness! That's awesome. I bet it is so fun to watch the progress. Now as for the digging in your front yard, that's not so fun to watch.

Young Fam said...

Congrats, Johnny and Claire, on building a new house! Little piece of advice....keep compromising like you've always done with each other and it will be smooth sailing. I see couples get so irate with each other all the time when we're building them a house!

Ashley S. said...

I'm really enjoying getting to know all you girls. I hope that I can be a friend, even though we don't have kids yet. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more. See you soon!