Friday, July 6, 2007

Calling All Opinions!

Well, this week has been soooo busy! God has blessed me with 4 closings this month! Who said the market was slow? So, I've been going back and forth between feedings, to appointments, to taking care of my dad etc.... I think it has all been overwhelming and now I'm getting a cold. I have decided that it is time to turn in on the whole breastfeeding thing. I'm becoming too stressed in order to make it beneficial as a mother. It took a long time for me to be comfortable with that fact. One more thing that people don't tell you about is the physical pain of the whole process! Oh well, what choice do I have? I can't be the dairy forever!

Ok, so I went and got my hair cut and colored yesterday and I'm not too sure about it. I had it done for the first time about 3 months ago and didn't really like the color then either? Sunday a friend that I hadn't seen in a while came up to me and said, "Oh Claire, I didn't recognize you with dark hair." That sealed it, something had to change fast! I told my hairdresser this, but I don't think it sunk in? I look like a tiger! I have dark hair with these gold highlights that don't match. I'm completely open to all suggestions on cut, color and more importantly stylists! I'm shopping for a new guy or gal now, just to audition them. Let me know your thoughts please!

Catherine is starting to teeth a little. I can't see any nubs yet, but she loves to chew. We have started adding fruits to her cereal and so far she is only fond of bananas. It is so fun watching her eat! She gags with applesauce and peaches and makes a sour face, but attacks the bananas. She has started rolling over all the time now, but still not crawling. This week she has also discovered her voice and loves to scream and squeal now. It is hysterical!

For the 4th we went and hung out with Aunt Sunnee and Paw Paw Nic. Catherine had her first swim in the pool. Paw Paw Nic consulted our neighbor ER Doc., and heated the pool to 94 degrees! It was a giant bath tub.

The house is coming along slowly but surely. We should finalize our plans within the next week and construction will start in late August/early September. I'm going to try to post the plans if I can figure that out? I'm usually doing good to post pictures, can't you tell?

That's pretty much all the excitement in our house. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend between appointments.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you have been busy for sure! I can't wait to see Catherine in her little swimsuit! I love the girl who cuts my hair. Let me know if you want her number! She's really easy to work with and if you can find a picture you like, she cuts it exactly! I thought you looked great with darker hair by the way!

Stephanie said...

Claire -- you need to post pics of Catherine in her swimsuit! I bet that is so cute. As for hair, I went to Whitney Festervand and LOVED HER. She works Thurs. & Fri afternoons in Hillcrest @ Breathe. She is this groovy mom of two -- totally laid back and will totally set you right w/ your hair. Let me know if you want her #!!