Saturday, June 30, 2007

Everybody Poops (especially seagulls)!

Well, our trip to Gulf Shores (aka redneck riviera) was interesting! The car ride was great with Catherine! She was such a trooper. Both of our families were down there on vacation, so we split our time between the two. It is always good to catch up with family members you haven't seen in a long time! As a person who has extreme eczema and a 4 month old child with eczema, I really wasn't looking forward to going to the beach on vacation! So, I found the outlet malls and spent a lot of my time and money! The very last day we were there I decided to get Catherine in a swimsuit and take some pictures of her on the beach. They aren't on here because she cried the whole time and hated the whole experience. Probably because she was ready for a nap. Anyways, we go out to the beach and I had just handed Catherine to Johnny when a flock of seagulls came overhead. Then one of them decided to #%*@ on my head!!!!! My entire extended family was sitting in chairs under a tent watching the whole thing. As one might imagine, they all started laughing. I hadn't been on the beach for 5 minutes and a seagull christened me! Naturally, I didn't want to believe that's what happened so, like an idiot, I put my hand on my head to see if it were raining or what? Well, it was the what factor. Needless to say, I was ready to go back indoors immediately. I told Johnny I would really prefer to go somewhere else next time for vacation, maybe where there aren't any seagulls!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Claire you just crack me up! I'm so sorry a seagull pooped on you. I haven't been a fan of those birds for that exact reason. Next time at the beach you might want to wear a hat!!! Glad you had a "memorable" time on your vacation.

Nitzia said...

that sounds really funny... I wish your family took pics of this funny experience!

The Nelson Family said...

I got pooped on by a seagull in Destin, as soon as we went out on the beach on the first day. My friend Kim, quick with her camera, photographed my disgust and embarassment, with all my friends laughing in the backgroun. No fun at all and pretty yucky!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Shame on that seagull! At least you all got out of town for awhile. A change in scenery is always nice.