Monday, June 4, 2007

Memorial Day Etc...

Sorry for not posting sooner! We went down to Opelousas, Louisiana for Memorial Day weekend. All of my mother's side of the family lives in Louisiana, which she refers to as "God's Country." I must say the food and culture down there is the best! I always look forward to going down and visiting. It was Catherine's first time to meet her Great MeMaw! Here are some picture of them together.




Also, our neighbors are like surrogate grandparents. Their names are Glenn and Sunnee, but Catherine calls them PawPaw Nick and Aunt Sunnee. We go over to their house a lot to visit and hang out. They are so good to us! They give us Christmas presents and take us out on our birthdays. We could not have chosen better neighbors! Glenn is a Vietnam Marine Veteran and gave Catherine the outfit she is wearing. We put it on her and she went "ouraw" and then gave a salute! He was so proud of her!


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures. I am glad you have rejoined the blog world...I was starting to wonder where you had gone off to!

The Proctors said...

So fun to visit family!! I was wondering where you were too! I miss your Bachelor comments already!

The Nelson Family said...

I'm so glad you guys got to see your extended Cajun family. I know that was so special for your MeMaw. That outfit is too cute! And PawPaw Nick looks like he's about to burst with pride!

Melissa said...

I so enjoyed seeing your extended family! Catherine is getting so big already! That outfit is too sweet!

Nitzia said...

what a blessing to have neighbors like them... it looks like you have a great relationship with them.

Anonymous said...

Okay they look like they are beaming with pride, as they should be. Love the little bottoms.
Glad you're back to writing.

Shelly, OTA in training said...

I agree with you & your mom about Louisiana. It is so unique, it's almost like being in another country. I'm proud to have been born there. Catherine is adorable.