Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Vegas Here We Come!

We're in Vegas Baby!!!! So, I had the hardest time ever leaving my Catherine!!! But, I must say it was for the best. I have been able to catch up on my sleep and shop etc.... I didn't realize how much sleep I needed to catch up on! I slept all afternoon yesterday! That was of course after shopping, so I'm not sure which one it was? I have been to the Jimmy Choo shoe store, Ralph Lauren Couture and many fabulous art galleries all in our hotel!!!! Oh, I also went to Barney's NY and found a $1800 dress that was precious, but not much fabric for the price! The lady at Jimmy Choo's wanted to help me find something. I told her, "No, I just wanted to see a pair of Jimmy Choo's shoes in real life." She then offered to sell me a pair of sunglasses for $250! Oh, the life of Babylon! I must say, I do have an appreciation for well made tailored clothing, but right now I just don't appreciate the price tag.

Poor Johnny has gotten a stomach virus since we've been here! I've been giving him Tylenol and Advil every two hours. His fever has broken as of this morning. So, we are hoping he will continue to get better as the trip continues. He has to, because we have tickets to see "O" on Wednesday, and we still want to see the Hoover dam. Plus, he has to oversee me at the tables to make sure I don't overstep my gambling limit. I'm the one who leans more towards an addiction.

The best thing so far, is our hotel has a restaurant owned by the Cheesecake Factory! So, they sell their Cheesecake 24 hours a day, even for breakfast!!!! They have my favorite, white chocolate raspberry!!!! I was so excited to find it. Of course, I'm all about the food!

5 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

It sounds like you are having a blast. What hotel are you staying at? I would love to be able to go in a buy a pair of shoes and not worry about he price. But life is not that easy for us! Have fun the rest of your trip and get Johnny better so you can enjoy each other too!

Melissa said...

Sounds like ya'll are having a blast! Get to feeling better Johnny! I have to see pics soon Claire. Have fun!

Stephanie said...

Hope you guys are having fun! Which hotel are you at?

The Nelson Family said...

Have fun! Maybe you can go buy some shoes with your winnings? :) Just don't forget to tithe on it! Those pics of Catherine from your previous post are beautiful! Her eyes are gorgeous!

karlyn, troy, and bryson said...

Hey! I found your blog through Aimee's - glad to see that you are doing so well. Catherine is a doll! Post more pictures! :)